You don’t need to wait until summer to bring out this family favorite! Hosting a dinner party this winter? This easy-to-make appetizer will please even your fussiest houseguest. Enjoy!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
What You’ll Need
1 loaf Italian bread
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 large ripe tomatoes, chopped
2 tbsp. basil, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
Ground black pepper, to taste
¾ tsp. kosher salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Slice bread diagonally into ½-inch pieces.
3. Brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
4. Place sliced Italian bread on baking sheet.
5. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
1. Combine tomatoes, basil, pepper, garlic, olive oil and salt in a medium size bowl (use desired amount…season to taste).
2. Mix gently.
3. Serve on top of toasted bread slices.