Snowy Treats – Maple Syrup Taffy
Make Your Own Winter Snacks
Is winter boredom setting in? Toward the end of January, everyone starts to get a little antsy, thanks in part to the cold weather and the endless wait until spring’s arrival. Never fear – Weed Man is here! We’re always looking for ways to get homeowners outside for outdoor enjoyment. Even if it’s cold and snowy, there’s so much fun to be had this winter.
One of our favorite pastimes is making yummy maple sugar taffy with fresh snow. It’s a fool-proof way to get the kids involved and excited about an at-home project. And, hey, who doesn’t like a sugary treat every now and again?!
Getting started is easy. Simply follow Weed Man’s step-by-step instructions below:
Maple Syrup Taffy
What You’ll Need:
- About 2 cups of real maple syrup
- Popsicle sticks
- Clean snow
- A baking sheet
- A small pot
- Scoop clean snow onto a baking sheet .
- Pour 2 cups of maple syrup into a pot and bring to a gentle boil. Remove from heat.
- Pour maple syrup in lines on the snow.
- Wait 20-30 seconds for the syrup to set.
- Roll your popsicle stick in the syrup to form your taffy.
- Eat and enjoy!
Brought to you by Weed Man Lawn Care: we care for your lawn.