As summer inches closer, many families strive to incorporate more fresh fruits and veggies into their diets. If you’re looking for creative ways to enjoy healthier eating, Weed Man recommends trying our delicious stuffed bell pepper recipe. With a wide range of lean ingredient options, you can make this savory dish as low-calorie as you desire. You’ll also have the opportunity to use your grill in the process – an added bonus for any outdoor lover!
What You’ll Need
4 large green or red bell peppers
1 lb lean ground beef or turkey
1 cup of cooked white or brown rice
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 can diced tomatoes
Tomato sauce (store bought or homemade)
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper
Shredded cheddar or mozzarella cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cut peppers in half lengthwise. Discard seeds.
3. Cover the bottom of a casserole dish with a thin layer of tomato sauce.
4. Sautee onions in a pan with olive oil for approximately 5 minutes. Add minced garlic and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
5. Add ground beef or turkey to the pan and brown.
6. Combine cooked ground beef or turkey, rice, and diced tomatoes in a bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Scoop mixture into each bell pepper half.
8. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
9. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and bake for an additional 5 minutes OR
grill peppers on the bbq until the cheese is bubbly and brown around the edges.
10. Serve and enjoy!
Fast, easy, and delicious, this tasty veggie-based meal is perfect for outdoor dining. Try it yourself!
Brought to you by Weed Man Lawn Care: we care for your lawn.