As summer dwindles down, you may find yourself spending as much time as possible outdoors in your yard – and we don’t blame you! In fact, we recommend that you cook just about every meal you can on the grill while you still can. To help you take advantage of these final late-summer evenings, Weed Man has put together a delicious bbq steak fajita recipe that is sure to please.
What You’ll Need
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons cayenne
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon powdered thyme
- 1 tablespoon ground marjoram
- 2 lbs flank steaks (skirt steaks or sirloin tip steaks will also work well)
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- Fajita seasoning (optional)
Preparation – Steak
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- Half head of lettuce, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup salsa
- Tortilla shells
1. Combine rub ingredients into a single dish.
2. Coat uncooked steak with rub and refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
3. Grill steak over medium heat for 7-10 minutes. Flip halfway through cooking time.
4. Allow steak to rest for 5 minutes before slicing across the grain into half-inch pieces.
Preparation – Veggies
1. Combine sliced veggies into a pan with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
2. Sautee on medium until tender crisp.
3. Stir in 75 ml of water and fajita seasoning (optional).
Serve cooked steak and veggies with warm tortillas. Chilled lettuce, tomato, shredded cheese, sour cream, and salsa make great additions to this dish.
Brought to you by Weed Man Lawn Care: we care for your lawn