At Weed Man, we make an effort to make backyard living fun for the whole family – including your furry friends! As your family spends more time outdoors this summer, it’s likely that your pup will join you on many of your backyard adventures. Keep his belly full and happy with these delicious and nutritious homemade dog treats!
What You’ll Need
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (if your dog is allergic to wheat, try rice flour)
- 1 cup organic peanut butter
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking power
- Cookie cutters (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine wheat flour, egg, and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Add peanut butter, honey, and water. Stir until the dough is slightly stiff.
- Roll out the dough until it is 1/2 an inch thick.
- Use a bone- or dog-shaped cookie cutter to create your cookies (optional).
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
As with any sweet treat, be sure to serve in moderation. If your dog has an allergy to any of the ingredients listed above, experiment with healthy substitutes until you find a mix that works well.
Brought to you by Weed Man Lawn Care: we care for your lawn.