EPA Pesticide Environmental Stewardship Program
The Pesticide Environmental Stewardship Program
The Pesticide Environmental Stewardship Program (PESP) is an EPA public / private partnership to promote responsible pest
management practices. This logo is acknowledgement that the company is a member of the EPA Pesticide Environmental Stewardship Program. This information was reviewed for accuracy by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency prior to its distribution. EPA does not endorse any product or service.
Participate in the Environmentally Friendly Lawn and Garden Practices survey
PLANET Professional Landcare Network
Everyone's goal should be to obtain the best possible environmentally, beneficial home lawn and landscape. To do this it is necessary to understand the best mowing and watering practices plus how to use various turf and landscape products to attain a healthy lawn & landscape environment. Weed Man is a member of this EPA program because we are committed to the proper use of the quality products
we use, services we perform and enhanced consumer education concerning their external home environment. You can show your environmental stewardship by following the suggested practices in our fact sheets under Turf Tips (mowing, watering, etc) and by letting us and the EPA know you understand your important role by participating in the Environmentally Friendly Lawn and Garden Practices survey.
Find the answers to these questions on our website.
EPA Scorecard Questionnaire
Environmental Lawn and Garden Scorecard
Which of the lawn, garden and landscaping practices listed below did you learn from the Weed Man customer fact sheets or they served as additional educational reinforcement?
Environmentally Friendly Lawn and Garden Practices
- Do you keep your yard safe, clean and well maintained to add beauty to your home and neighborhood. Yes / No
- Do you water your lawn at a minimum of 1 1/2 inches (3-4cm) of water weekly to encourage strong healthy roots. Yes / No
- Do you water during the earlier morning hours. Yes / No
- Though not recommended, allowing your lawn to go severely dormant during extended drought periods may cause portions of your lawn to die and not recover. True / False
- Do you read and follow the label carefully when using any pesticides and fertilizers. Yes / No
- Do you cut your lawn at the highest recommended mower setting that is suggested. Yes / No
- Do you mow frequently enough to only remove 1/3 of the grass plant Yes / No
- Frequently sharpening lawn mower blades will result in less fraying of grass blades, reducing the incidents of disease invasion on the lawn. Yes / No
- Do you mow frequently enabling you to leave grass clippings on your lawn. Yes / No
- Core aeration to your lawn will overcome compacted soil allowing better root development movement of air, moisture and fertilizer in your soil. True / False